|Version 14 (modified by ross@…, 11 years ago) (diff)|
These are features which we might want to consider for removal or replacement with something better/cleaner.
- n + k patterns
- For removal: we have been saying it will happen for a while now, we should make good on it.
- ~ patterns
- For removal: can be simulated with 'where' or 'let' clauses
- Against removal:
- fine control of strictness can require careful placement of these and let/where would obscure what is happening and get very verbose with nested ~ patterns.
- are used in several safe programing idioms that would not be workroundable.
- the monomorphism restriction
- classes (no really, there are people who advocate this!)
- the Prelude (or at least, seriously trim it to the minimum possible)
- record syntax